Digital Marketing Intern
Position type: Part-time internship, 5 hours/week
Start date: Immediately
Location: Will meet with the Development Director in-person every other Monday for two hours at a mutually agreed upon location on the north side of Chicago. All other work is remote.
Reports to: Development Director
The Digital Marketing Intern position at Dream Big Education offers an exciting opportunity for a student interested in Digital Marketing to gain professional experience in the field and enhance their portfolio of work. The Digital Marketing Intern will gain hands-on experience in the fast-paced world of digital marketing, particularly in social media, email marketing and web content, and have opportunities to develop, present, and implement strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate has some social media content creation experience, demonstrates an interest in digital media, an enthusiasm for Dream Big’s mission, strong attention to detail, project management skills, and a desire to learn.
This is a paid internship opportunity of 5 hours per week. This position will primarily work remotely, with the exception of two hours every other Monday when the Intern will meet with their supervisor at a mutually agreed upon location (i.e. coffee shop) on the north side of Chicago. Short term projects may arise throughout the year where the Digital Marketing Intern could take on additional hours, but this is not guaranteed.
Social Media (70%)
- Increase and improve our social media presence and brand visibility
- Develop a content calendar and manage content creation, planning and posting across Facebook and Instagram
Email Marketing (20%)
- Develop content for one weekly email with support and insight from Director of Development
Web Content (10%)
- Assist with occasional maintenance of websites, including editing photos and videos
- Manage SEO & updating our profile pages on third-party websites (Yelp, Google, etc.)
Job Specifications / Qualifications
- Must be enrolled in a 4-year accredited university or college
- Social media savvy (must provide evidence of work)
- Interest and passion for digital media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solver with a willingness to collaborate
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, with a supervisor, and as part of a team
- Graphic design experience is a plus, but is not required
- Must have access to computer and internet (these are not provided)
Interested candidates can send their resume, cover letter, and samples of work to email@example.com.
Dream Big is looking for qualified teaching artist candidates for contract teaching work in and around the Chicagoland area. We focus on providing high quality performing arts education that fosters creativity, self-expression and teamwork while encouraging a positive self-esteem and having lots of fun! We are looking for talented, engaging, collaborative and professional teachers who match our passion for sharing the performing arts with children. Applicants must have a background in musical theatre, acting, improv, devised work, early childhood, and/or directing.
Experience working with students between the ages of 2-18 is ideal. Please respond with your resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org