CPS Vendor Approved School Residency Programs
Dream Big offers three distinct opportunities to incorporate theater into the lives of your students. We can tailor fit our programs and specifically meet the unique needs of your school. We enjoy being a part of a school’s community and enthusiastically partner with staff and administration to ensure the process is a fun and educational experience for everyone!
- Strengthen your existing theater program OR work with Dream Big to design and create a brand new one. Our residency programs are highly customizable, with options including:
- Single workshop, multi-week or year-long options
- Integrate drama into your existing classroom curriculum to enhance student learning in subject areas such as science, social studies, math, language arts, creative writing and more.
- Productions that coincide with curricular themes.
- Stand-alone drama classes that build theater skills, such as:
- Creative Drama and Movement classes for early childhood
- Musical Theater or Story Dramatization for elementary age classes
- Improv and Devised Theater for middle school students
- Program curriculum designed to meet social-emotional goals include:
- Confidence building
- Collaborative learning opportunities
- Exploring tools for healthy self-expression
At Dream Big, the sky’s the limit! If you have an idea to integrate drama into your school day, please let us know.
- Let Dream Big’s master teaching artists work with your staff and coach them in ways they themselves can incorporate acting skills and creative drama activities or cross-curricular extensions into everyday lessons.
- Give our teachers your benchmarks and goals that you would like us to address and we will build a meaningful curriculum that your teachers can implement in their classrooms right away.
- Go even deeper and invite our professional development team into your school for an ongoing teacher training program that builds upon itself throughout the school year.
Our Classes Provide:
- Project-Based Learning Opportunities that foster creativity, self-expression and teamwork
- A diversified Curriculum
- Student-Centered Learning Projects that allow us to focus on students’ passion and interests which help to ensure your students’ buy-in, autonomy, ownership and overall engagement, leading to growth as a learner
- An environment in which everyone can contribute and be successful, no matter what type of learner they are. This can be life-changing for some students who may need alternative outlets and access points to their educational repertoire
- Cooperative Learning Environments
- Programs that address Howard Gardner’s research on Multiple Intelligences. We naturally gear our programming to the various learning styles of students including: Visual-Spatial, Bodily-kinesthetic, Musical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Linguistic, and Logical-Mathematical
What We Need from You to Get Started:
- Let us know your general goals for bringing a Theater Program to your school.
- Give us as many parameters as you already know for implementing your program including:
- Number of students we will be serving
- Days, dates and times devoted to this residency
- A budget range you would ideally like to stay within
- Will their be a performance?
3. We will provide you with an initial proposal.
4. Let’s meet to flesh out all of your ideas, goals and visions for a successful program and we will entice you with concrete ways of realizing your vision! We will also set up a plan for following up throughout the residency to make sure everyone’s goals are being met and we continue to stay on the same page.
Try us out for free by filling out this form!
Siobhan Maycraft, Education Director