Dream Big Education is a newly formed non-profit, yet it’s been in operation for 13 years and serves more than 1000 students per week during the school year through enrichment programs and residencies with a robust summer camp and annual professional summer production.
To provide leadership and not-for-profit operational expertise to an organization that provides educational theater arts programming for children through out of school time enrichment programming, curricular-based in-school residencies, summer camps and productions throughout the Chicagoland area. Responsible for over-all administration, revenue generation, fiscal management, and general operations.
•Works with the Founder and staff in setting policies and overseeing programs consistent with the mission of the organization.
• Sets the tone for organizational leadership within the company in order to administer the organization’s services from a mission-based perspective.
•Oversees preparation of the annual organization budget. Ensures proper fiscal accounting and controls in accordance with the guidelines of funding sources and with sound accounting practices. Maintains fiscal solvency of the organization. Liaison with external accounting service.
• Actively seeks new revenue sources, government and private, to meet all program goals. Monitors all grants, contracts, and sub-contracts, assuring that all service agreements are properly fulfilled and report deadlines met. Advises Founder on achievements and problem areas.
• Nurtures and expands organization donor base. Oversees development and implementation of organization’s annual marketing and fund raising plan.
• Provides for quality assurance monitoring of all organization programs, acknowledging well-rated services and assuring correction of any deficiencies in service provision.
• Ascertains that the personnel policies of the organization are adhered to in all hiring and employment practices. Proposes changes in policies to the Board of Directors. Provides for staff development activities that upgrade employee skills and motivate performance.
• Promotes the organization with visibility and growth by developing and implementing marketing strategies.
•Other duties as assigned.
• Familiarity with and passion for the value of performing arts in education.
• Three-years non-profit administrative experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accepted financial practices including accounting, budgeting, insurance and other sound business practices.
• Demonstrated success in acquiring organization support via grant applications and general fund raising.
• Supervisory experience and knowledge of basic personnel legal issues.
• Diversity sensitivity.
•Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, characterized by the ability to listen, speak and write well.
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
• Self-motivated and able to prioritize, delegate and multi-task efficiently
• Fluency in Microsoft Office, Google and various office systems.
Supervises and Supports:
• Education Director
• Production Manager, part-time
• Administrative Assistant, part-time
• Education Assistant, part-time
Exempt, Full-Time Position
Flexible policy on work from home. Qualified candidates should submit a cover email, resume and salary requirement to Kelly@DreamBigEducation.org by January 7, 2019. Please see our website, DreamBigPerformingArts.org, for more information.
Dream Big is seeking an Education Assistant for an immediate start.
Purpose: To assist the Education Director with administrative tasks relating to, but not limited to, after school and summer programs. Dream Big Administrative Assistant responsibilities can include:
Managing databases and rosters
Communicating with parents regarding classes and camps
Execute posts on social media
Help with materials and supply distribution
Other general administrative tasks as required
Sales opportunity for the potential of added income
Creating new partnerships with schools
The Dream Big Education Assistant will work directly with the Education Director and/or other staff members in person and via video conferencing. An average of 10 hours per week is expected and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Ideal candidate would be seeking an ongoing commitment in this role with the possibility of increasing hours in the future. A positive attitude and attention to detail is a must!
Summer Production Staff
For more details about our summer production visit our Production page.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Education Director and Education Assistant
Approximate Start and End Date:
June – August 2019
The Summer Camp Intern is responsible for assisting Dream Big Teaching Artists in delivering high quality summer camps for children aged 3-12.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with drama games and lead by example
- Create and help with set/prop/costume development
- Assist with set up for different activities
- Act as a leader for songs and dances for younger campers
- Lead warm up games if desired
- Help in taking younger campers for restroom/water breaks
- Arrive 15 minutes early and stay 15 minutes late to help with set up/clean up and check in with teacher.
- Assist with supervision at the park during snack and lunch breaks.
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- Experience working with children aged 4-12 is a must.
- Interest in theater and performance desirable.
- Interest in teacher theater in the future is desirable.
- Has a friendly, positive and “can do” attitude.
This is an unpaid position. Exclusive mentorship, great experience and resume builder. Please send intern cover letter and resume to email@example.com